Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Run, Forrest! Run!

Today was Day 1 of my running/strength training program. I bought an app on my iPhone called C25K (Couch to 5K), and started it this morning. I must say that the high after working out is incredible! I feel so good right now, and am finally determined to stick with a routine. Here’s my Week 1 running program:

Warm-Up: 5 minute brisk walk.

Begin: Alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Cool Down: 5 minute walk

I also did 10 minutes of weight lifting for arms, and 10 minutes of abs. (I was cracking up laughing this morning when I thought of a quote from“There's Something About Mary": “Seven minute, AAABS!” lol :)

On another note, last night our neighbors downstairs were having a birthday party. They were singing so loud, and the song seemed to go on forever! Again, I was cracking up when I thought of a quote from “So I Married an Axe Murderer”: The family is singing Happy Anniversary to Mike Myers’ Scottish parents, “Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy Anniversary! Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy Anniversary! Happy, happy, happy….and the dad yells, “Hey! Shut it!” LOL

I honestly think my entire life story could be told in a series of movie quotes. Hope you guys are having a great day! Love and hugs from Brazil!

4 comments:

  1. You and me both! So proud of your workout this morning. I have to be honest, I did not Google C25K, but I promise I will! I promise! :) LOL!

    On a side now..."That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?"

    Love you to pieces! :)
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No! Not 6, 7! 7 MINUTE ABS!" LOL :)
    Love you to more pieces,
    Mare :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go mary!! keep up the good work. i am trying to use the stairs instead of elevator at work...haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how much it changes the way you feel Mary! YOU GO GIRL! Can't wait till we can work out together!

    ReplyDelete