Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Roger, Roger. What's your vector, Victor?

I’m so frustrated with our two coconuts and a string Internet connection--it’s currently moving at about ½ KB per second! Keeping a blog is going to be extremely difficult when it takes more than 30 minutes to upload one picture. Oh well, sorry, but no pictures today. :(

So it’s day two back in Brazil, and it couldn't be a more beautiful day! I love listening to the sound of the ocean—so peaceful. The wind has died down a bit, so the ocean is settling as well. The water is slowly turning from an angry, churned up brown back to the emerald green waves we’re used to. Sorry Houston family/friends, but it’s 76 degrees – sunny and breezy here. :) Gabe, Jake, and I are planning on taking a beach walk tonight while the weather is nice, and I’m also going to take Jake to the pool downstairs this afternoon. Unfortunately, the genius architect who designed our condos, put the pool on the side of the building where only about 3 rays of sunlight can hit it during the day. The result is a pool filled with FREEZING COLD WATER! I actually think the ocean is warmer than our pool. We’ll see how long we can last before we turn blue!

On another note, for those who know me well, you know how much I love to read. I’m thinking that as long as I’m writing about our life here, I should include the one activity that seems to take up the majority of my free time, and share what I’m reading with you guys. (P.S. If you’re a reader, and haven’t invested in a Kindle, I highly suggest making the change from paper to wireless reading device. It’s the best invention ever!)

I just finished with The Girl Who Played With Fire. It is the second book in Stieg Larsson’s Millennium trilogy. If you like twisted thriller/murder mystery stories, then you’ll love these books. The first book in the series is the internationally acclaimed novel, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo--this book follows the brilliant and eccentric, although troubled, Lisbeth Salander as she helps journalist Mikael Blomkvist solve the strange disappearance of the young niece of a notorious billionaire. The twists and turns are awesome! It's a fantastic book! Up next is the final installment titled, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest! I'm starting it tonight, so stay tuned…









No comments:

Post a Comment