Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Bom dia, friends and family! I'm back to blogging after two weeks of our home being invaded by the flu, bronchitis, sinus infection, and stomach virus. It's been a rough few weeks here in Brazil, but we are all slowly returning to normal.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and being so far away from family on this holiday is going to be difficult, so we've decided to spend the holiday with some of our new friends here in Macae. A rig manager that Gabe works with, Fategue, and his wife Fattu are bringing their three beautiful kiddos over tomorrow afternoon to celebrate with us. They are from Ivory Coast, and have been so kind to us since we've moved here. They are constantly inviting us to their home for incredible feasts, so Gabe and I figured it was time to repay their kindness.

I've never made an entire Thanksgiving dinner before. This will be my first year cooking by myself (yikes!), but I am trying to have a sense of humor about it all. I'm assuming that at some point tomorrow, I'm probably going to have a stress meltdown, and want to throw one or more of my dishes into the ocean, but I figure that anything is funny if you have enough wine! :) Big thanks to my mom and my mother-in-law Marie for sending me such great recipes! You two are such spectacular cooks, so I hope I can make you proud tomorrow! :)

To all our family and friends on this holiday--we love you, and we miss you more than you can possibly imagine. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and hope the Aggies BTHO t.u. :) WHOOP!

Hugs from Brazil,

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ah, it sounds like so much fun! Good luck tomorrow! I know everything will turn out perfectly! Take pics and be sure to tell us about it! :) I love you and miss you!

    So thankful for you, my dear friend! Give Gabe and Jake a giant hug from the Sutches (did you know that is what you are supposed to do with a last name that ends in CH...add ES? Totally crazy and still doesn't look right, but I trust the folks at Tiny Prints LOL)

    ReplyDelete