Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rio, Here We Come!

Hey everyone! Haven't blogged in awhile, but honestly, I didn't have much to report. Same old, same old for the past few weeks. This week however, we are going to Rio! The driver is coming to pick us up early on Saturday morning. I'm really not looking forward to the drive (driving 110kph and playing chicken on a two lane road is enough to make anyone's heart stop), but we'll be there soon enough. Saturday, weather permitting, we are planning on spending at the beach. Our hotel is on Copacabana beach, so hopefully we won't get rained out. Sunday, we are going sightseeing with our friends Diogo & Dayane. We're planning on visiting the Christ statue on Corcovado and also Sugar Loaf. We've had many great suggestions as to where to eat, but having Diogo there, a native born Carioca (someone born in Rio), I'm sure he'll be able to show us around. Gabe has training on Monday & Tuesday there at our hotel, so Jake and I will probably just hit the beach or the pool during the day. Apparently there is also a great open-air market in Ipanema, so I'm REALLY looking forward to doing some shopping. I hope they send a big car to take us and all of our new stuff back to Macae! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures, and I look forward to sharing our trip with you when we return on Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful trip and can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete